Thursday 31 March 2016

Be The Boss - Brian Tivendale

The boss this week is the one and only Brian Tivendale... the man who put the 'Tiv' in positive! Tivvy has been a Killie fan as long as we can remember and now that he has (cough) retired (cough) from playing he likes nothing better than following Ayrshire's finest with his fellow Boozehounds from the Howard Arms SC.


Tiv has gone for a 4-1-3-2 formation and has been lucky enough to be given a couple of new players to feature by Lee Clark this week...


This Saturday 2nd April brings the first of seven cup finals for my beloved Killie in our quest to beat relegation to the Championship. As Boss for the week I have tried to select a team that will go for the jugular against a Partick Thistle team almost safe and I don't want a nervy 90 minutes as my auld 61 year old heart wouldn't stand it.

My selection was hindered by the possibility of new players being brought in before the weekend and thankfully this has now been resolved and we welcome Messrs Addison and Henshall to reinforce the battle lines. My job was really hard after a determined second half performance at Pittodrie and an overall inspiring yet gut wrenching show against Celtic.

Goalkeeper:
In goal we have the safe hands of our new saviour Jamie MacDonald.

Defence:
At right back I would have Lee Hodson after his sterling performance against the League leaders and hope he continues his form to get that Northern Ireland ticket to Euro 16. At left back I'd welcome Steve Smith back (Out for season, announced after we got copy - Ed.). Although he's had a terrible run of injuries, I thought he was more like his old self in his last appearance. In central defence Conrad Balatoni picks himself. He has played with various partners but he has performed consistently well with them all and that is why I'll pair him up with new signing Miles Addison for if he's good enough for our new boss then he's good enough for me.

Defensive Midfield:
In front of the back four I'd play the excellent Julien Faubert who stamped his class all over the Celtic game and didn't deserve to be on the losing side.

Midfield:
Playing three across the middle I'd have Greg Kiltie, Gary Dicker and Kallum Higginbotham. Wee Greg endeared himself to the Killie faithful by pledging his future to the club and should play every week regardless of performance level to allow him to develop. Gary Dicker has proved solid in the heart of midfield but I'd like to see him get a goal or two please? Higgy has had a topsy turvy season but showed how good he is against Celtic.

Forwards:
Up front I'd throw Josh Magennis AND Kris Boyd as dual strikers at Thistle because we'll not win games if we don't score goals.

Finally our twelfth man would be YOU the fans! Let's get behind the team EVERY game. I know some performances have been sore on the eyes but telling young guys they're crap helps no-one. Let's turn up in droves on Saturday and keep us where we belong. KTID.


No comments:

Post a Comment